Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Two months later

Not much of a post, but here it comes.

In the new section of the library, from the first floor to the second is 15 feet. From the second to the third is 17.5 feet. The scale model that is located on the first floor has the school floating about on a level with my belt (measurement pending). The scale is 1":40'. From the first floor to the third floor totals in 32.5 feet, or 390 inches. 390 inches on the scale equals 15,600 feet. The distance from the first floor to the surface of the model is about 3.5 feet, and the distance from the third floor to my eye level is about 5.5 feet. That means an extra 2 feet for the total height from my eye to the model. 2 feet equals 960 feet on the scale. Therefore, when I look down at the model, the model looks as it would if I were 16,560 feet above the campus, which is a moderately high (but common enough) altitude for skydiving.

No comments: