Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thoughts from class

Sometimes, while I'm at school I think back on my visit to see Broom Curls, and remember how I felt as she pulled away in her car. I remember wanting so badly to hail a taxi and follow her back to town to look for an apartment. My heart told me that going back to Provo would be turning my back on the most beautiful moments of my life, that it would be worse than dying. My logical mind won out in the end, assuring me that getting through school would be the best thing for Curls' and my future together. I told myself not to worry, that I would see her again soon enough.

I look back at those logical conclusions, and all the sense that I can still see in them. But now there is no future for us, and there is no chance of my ever seeing her again. On that day when I watched her drive away from the airport, I quieted my heart, and put my faith in God. I didn't know it then, but on that day, my mind and faith were ill-advised.

No comments: