Wednesday, September 19, 2007

19 months

Today marks 19 months since the last time I saw Broom Curls. I don't spend nearly as much time thinking about her lately. Of course, I'm studying a lot, too. You know, a lot of people say that they'll never fall in love again, but how many never do? I don't know which group I want to be in.

It's such a good feeling to be nearly caught up with my reading. I apparently celebrate this by going shopping and writing blogs in order to fall behind again. =) But I got two pairs of pants. They're both women's, I think. One of them is somewhat dark, which is good. I think my body shape needs dark jeans.

I have a new song for my favorites. "The Nearness of You", by Hoagy Carmichael (music) and Ned Washington (lyrics). I suppose that song means I'm probably going to fall in love again. I love being in love, but it's so hard to admit that Curls is gone. And beyond that, I find it hard to believe that there's a girl out there who could make me happier than Curls could. I guess if I meet her, part of how I'll know is that she'll be in love with me too. And I guess our views of God will be more similar.

For all of you just itching to take four linguistics classes at once, let me just tell you that the overlap gets a bit monotonous after a few weeks. It's a good thing I do my homework out of habit.

1 comment:

Heather said...

LoL, how do you not know if the pants you bought were women's pants?