Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Too Much Fun

So, I'm sitting next to this really cute girl in the lab this one day, and I'm trying with everything I've got to come up with a reason to talk to her. I turn my music off so if the opportunity arises, I won't have to yank the earphones off. She finishes her book, and I'm a little nervous, but it looks like she has something on Blackboard to read still. Phew.

I'm done with my homework, so I have plenty of time to be really awkward. Charla read me a speech she wrote on awkwardness. That was last night. I'm wondering how I can apply the good points.

The best part of sightseeing on BYU campus--the ring check. She's got a nice ring on her left middle finger. Is that sort of an attempt to ward people off a bit?

It's a quiz. She's doing a quiz. Oh, great. I probably have a quiz worth of time to suck it in and go for it. Which I probably won't do. Don't I have enough stress without trying to ask out random girls in the library? If only.



The bag poke. She's cleaning up. Here's my chance if I ever had one....


************************************************************************


Well, folks, I'm successful. I am one phone number the richer, and all it cost me was one clean pair of pants. Almost. Talk about nerve-wracking. I'm not so good at talking any more, but at least I can look over and not feel as awkward as before.

In my note:
"I'm not sure if there's a kosher way of doing this, so at the risk of being awkward, could I get your phone number?
[] Yes
[] No
[] I'm getting a restraining order if you ever talk to me again."

She marked A first, dabbled around C, and then pushed the note back over to me.

So there you have it. I have Lab Girl's phone number, and it'll probably take me another week to get up the nerve to call her, and seeing as she's gorgeous, she'll probably be engaged by then.

1 comment:

Heather said...

LOL!!!

I love you, you're fun.