Friday, September 28, 2007

"When this old world starts a-gettin' me down,

and people are much to much for me to face...."

Today is Broom Curls' birthday, so I left her a voicemail wishing her a happy one, and spoke a little to her on Gchat. I miss her. I dreamed last night that I saw her at a football game, and tried to not make things awkward. When she caught sight of me, she came over and gave me a hug. I collapsed in a mixture of relief and pain. Beyond that I'll keep to myself--nothing questionable or off-color, just personal.

My hands smell like garlic. I made Eggplant Parmesan, and somehow got the garlic into my skin. It's not from eating it, because it's just my hands. Roommate C or H or someone threw together a spinach salad with goat cheese, and I bought a loaf of French bread and a half gallon of vanilla bean ice cream. I cooked up some Bananas Foster (flambé) to top the ice cream. Overall it was a success. The eggplant was a bit too thickly sliced, and a little bit rubbery, but overall it was good.

For all who haven't heard about Burma/Myanmar and everything going on there, please check this out. I'm not in the right mood to be talking about depressing things.

Dear friends,

Thanks for being around for me. It might seem like your love doesn't always seem to help me feel better, but know that I'd be completely lost without each and every one of you.

No comments: