Thursday, October 11, 2007

In the morning

I seem to be in a recurring pattern of oversleeping one night and undersleeping the next. I guess what I need is for someone to chuck some ice water on me first thing in the morning tomorrow.

I really want to learn Argentine Tango.

* * * * * * * * *


Wake up time, and I actually woke up. Of course, I was half out of it and late, so I managed to dress horribly. I can't remember the last time I looked so bad--I couldn't have made myself uglier if I'd tried. I should take a picture for posterity.

Now it's time to catch up in my internship assignments. I'm only about three months late. Somehow, I have to get signatures from either my tutoring student or program adviser, and I have to write up some internship papers.

Okay. Two sad articles. Please read these and consider them.

Coalition morality - Government officials blame deaths of 15 women and children on the 21 terrorists who held meetings in their neighborhood.

Nobel turns over in grave - Al Gore and the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change have won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Seriously, people. If we can use the logic of the former article, I could be shot through the head at any moment because of the escaping criminal behind me.

And in the latter, the Nobel Prize for Peace--Peace--goes to a guy who has done nothing but complain about the greenhouse effect. Peace. Not the Nobel Climate Prize. Nobel Peace. Do we really suck so bad at peace that some guy who made a movie about something we've all known since kindergarten can get the most socially significant award in the world?

No comments: