Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sleep versus life

I spent the majority of today--1:30 am to 5:00 pm--sleeping. It was lovely. For about two thirds of the day, I didn't have to deal with anything. I didn't have to deal with my classes, my tests, my feelings, my medication, my life. If only fairy tales were true, and Snow White apples and Aurora spinning wheels were prolific. Unfortunately, it seems more like the case of the Beast, or something more along the lines of a horror story.

I decided I hate dating today, and suddenly I'm going on two doubles in the next week. How does that happen? I got plenty enough shaftage over the past three days, and was convinced that trying to accomplish anything was a waste of time. And as soon as I gave up, everything became easy. That's the story of my life. In high school, I busted my butt to get a 4.0, and as soon as I stopped trying, I got about 25 awards and a full-ride to BYU.

No comments: